Thursday, March 30, 2006

Illustration Friday: "Spring"

Sort of feels like spring. Bright and not really cold, or whatever.
It's a good time to trade a bowl of soup for a birthright anyway.

Genesis, chapter 25:
v.24
And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb. 25 And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau. 26 And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau’s heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac was threescore years old when she bare them. 27 And the boys grew: and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a plain man, dwelling in tents. 28 And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob.

29 And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint: 30 And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom. 31 And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright. 32 And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me? 33 And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob. 34 Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.


21 comments:

Xiph said...

That is awesome! Can't wait to see it finished.

frgodbeyjr said...

I love the big guy's tongue sticking out... plus the sly look from the skinny guy is priceless... he's up to something! Great work Cory.

Katarina said...

I´m fascinated! Awesome

Geninne said...

WOW! Loved this one, both Esau and Jacob have great facial expresions(loved Esau's tongue stickin' out and Jacob's eyebrow).
Super cool!

Issi said...

I love it, its super :o)
greetings, Issi

JO said...

Your work is as always awesome. The funny part to me was I was just reading the story Jacob and Esau in my Bible the day before yesterday.

Anonymous said...

sweet awesome but... does Esau shave his upper-arms?

Robert McLaughlin said...

A fine illustration. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh Eseau, what were you thinking? Great illustration.

Lori Witzel said...

Brilliantly rendered, and I love the sly look on Jacob's face.

stp-illustrations said...

Very, very good!!!!!

georg said...

wonderful image - I like your colors and style. Specially I like the sky. Great!

Anonymous said...

Lovely scene. The characters are gorgeous ;)

Michael O'Connell said...

well done… what great characters… your pencilwork is wonderful… you almosty don't need the color…

Abbie said...

What a marvelous image! I love the way you illustrate stories..
So again.. wwhhhooohhooo! Its fab!
:) Abbie

Anonymous said...

I was getting my back waxed the other day and happened to run into Esau, in for his weekly upper-arm waxing. So the smooth upper arms make perfect sense to me!

Anonymous said...

Beauty Cory. Your characters are so expressive and full of life. Great!

Jaimie said...

wow. this is so beautifully drawn and detailed. great work.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work as always, my friend. your pencil work is amazing (much less the color)

LDahl said...

soooo impressive! I am such a fan:)

Cedricstudio said...

Nice work, I really like the expressions.