Friday, December 01, 2006

like an iPod back from the dead:

I live.

Which is an understatement. Work and life both have been very busy and full and those two nouns just aren't conducive to maintaining a blog. Thanks to any that have kept up to date with the post-less blog. Like a good metamucil I'll keep this more regular.

I've been through a long project that (I think) the light at the end is there. The art for "The Ballad of Matthew's Begats" is done and awaits client approval. That is one of many jobs and that I've been working on.

A story:

In highschool, I was a shotgun student. Was I a student of firearms? No, I just hit and miss working hard. It's like shooting a shotgun. It's just sort of fires and you hope you hit something. I think that describes a lot of highschoolers.

In anycase, I was in a US Government class. The class was at 8 AM, MWF and I had a handful of good friends in that class. The teacher was a reserved man and wore gray and brown if I recall, and he showed us a lot of political cartoons on the overhead projector.

One day, I brought a Waldo book to class, the yellow one. I pulled the classic "put-the-comic-book-behind-the-math-book" trick. Only it was a Waldo book. And it looked like this:


Needless to say it did not take long for it to not end well.

That being said, I'm back.

No comments: