Wednesday, March 05, 2008

THE HOLOGRAMS


I don't post things that aren't mine too often so hopefully when I do it means something. What, I don't know but hopefully something. And something good.

I like to admit when I'm wrong. I don't think this is typical. I think I like to think it draws a good contrast between me and the people who refuse to admit they're ever wrong. Which is probably just as selfish and just as bad. But, in any case I was wrong, at first, about this video.

I was put off by it's emo-haired hero, the über-indie-punkiness of it all, and its dystopian setting complete with obligatory faceless military (music?) police, but guess what, I was wrong.

And you know what won me over-- ROBOTS.

HUGE FIGHTING ROBOTS.


That and the design, the action, and the animation is so friggin awesome. This really is spectacular. I hope you enjoy it.



* * *

And in the best way possible it reminds me of this other incredible (and unrelated) piece of animation:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's so bad about emo-haired heroes?

Cory said...

they tend to write too much bad poetry.