Friday, August 28, 2009

painting in oils - 7

Here's where I am at this point, very close to done ("done" in this instance meaning "being done"and "moving on")

I softened the left side of the nose from the previous stage and this seemed to me to help the piece when you see it from a couple feet away. I still think the face looks best close up.

The piece came out much more haunting than I ever meant it too. Snow White's raven black hair, blood red lips, and skin as white as snow is actually a little spooky.

I'm going to wait to post the final until it's dry and I can scan it. With a lot of the hair wet and background wet still it doesn't photograph well.

There's a couple more things I'm going to do, but overall I'm pleased with the experiment and I'm ready to move on to number 2.


David Miles said...

Whoa. Eerie! I'm digging the subtle bits of color in her skin! It really adds depth to the paleness of her face.

GENICA said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.