Friday, September 11, 2009

updates

We've had a client in town for the last few days from Korea that we are creating an animated piece for (a short film, really) -- we've been hanging out and been busying getting slaughtered by him in Mario Kart. Awesome! DK, you are super cool. See you again in October.

That and in addition to other work, the Terrible Yellow Eyes show is in one week -- I really can't believe it and I'm terribly excited for it. I've wanted to visit Nucleus for quite some time and I'm very honored to have been asked to put together this show there.




Nucleus proudly presents Terrible Yellow Eyes, an exhibition by guest curator Cory Godbey, creator of www.terribleyelloweyes.com

This exhibit is the selected physical gallery show of the online collection of artwork inspired by the beloved classic "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak.

*Several new and original works will be on display
*Free refreshments served
*Free giveaways
*This is an all ages event

Contributing Artists:


Adam Volker
Alberto Cerriteño
Alina Chau
Ana Galvañ
Anastacia Sholik
Annie Bastine Koelle
Barnaby Ward
Bill Carman
Brittney Lee
Cedar Leidigh
C. G. Young
Chuck Groenink
Cory Godbey
Dan Matutina
Erin McGuire
Israel Sanchez
Jake Parker
Jayme McGowan
Jeremy Vanhoozer
Joel Furtado
Juan Manuel Pedraza
Justin Gerard
Mike Lee
Nicole Gustafsson
Pascal Campion
Patrick Murphy
Peter de Sève
Rilla Alexander
Robin Joseph
Rodrigo Avilés
Ruel Pascual
Sarah Caterisano
Seb Mesnard
Shanon Bonatakis
Timothy Banks

and more to be announced...
* * *

If you will be in the area of Los Angeles or Alhambra, CA -- September 19th I hope you will be able to stop by and say hello!

____________________________________

So, in honor of the upcoming show, I decided to create a new piece specifically for the show. I'll be posting the progress of the piece next week.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

RAWLS said...

I hope it all goes well my friend! I so wish I could be there. Make sure you take LOTS of photos!!

Diantres said...

yes! please cory take a photo of my piece and all the fun!

will kelly said...

Congratulations Cory! Hope you have a great time in CA.