Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Alice portraits 2/3

In addition to my painting of Alice and the Gryphon, I wanted to make three small portraits for Curiouser and Curiouser, the upcoming Alice in Wonderland show at Gallery Nucleus.

I settled on portraits of Alice, the Cheshire Cat, and the Caterpillar.

Here is the Cheshire Cat, who amounts to the Cheshire "James" -- my cat.


____________________________________

And then for my own amusement I did a quick digital version.


Next post, Thursday : The Caterpillar

* * *

I'm adding to my standard M/W/F schedule to keep all the Alice portraits together so the Caterpillar will go up tomorrow.

"bit and run" will come Friday as usual.

1 comment:

Rivka said...

Aww! Appropriately unsettling, but still kind of cuddly-looking. In contrast to Disney's Cheshire cat, which is just ugly, or Tenniel's, which is freaky. . . .