Monday, September 20, 2010

Alice, supplemental drawing 1/12

Note : Much like I did (at Erin's suggestion) for my Grimm show last year (and again at Erin's suggestion) I've put together several small drawings, supplemental drawings, for my upcoming Alice shows. I'll be posting one a day until the first Alice exhibition opening, October 1.

The first Alice show opening is October 1 and you can be sure that I will make more mention of it the week of but I can't believe it's this close already. The preparation for this show is nearly doubled from my Grimm show last year. A total of 14 main pieces (compared with only 10 for Grimm) several small drawings and watercolors, plus the show will be exhibited in three places around Greenville this fall. One gallery and two universities. As if that's not enough, I'm doing talks at the two schools.

Well, enough of that, here is the first of the supplemental drawings for "Alice."



And of course you can see all 12 of the supplemental drawings, as well as the 14 main finished drawings along side appropriate excerpts from the original story in my 30 page book;

Alice, drawings, sketches, and excerpts.

Next post, Tuesday, "How doth the little crocodile..."

2 comments:

SaraLynnArt said...

I love the flow to your drawings. The White Rabbit's fur looks simply spectacular.

Moonofsilver said...

Thank you for the amazing bag =) its nice to own a piece of your great art. I love your alice work. Your "flowing" style makes me imagine all sorts of wonderful things.