Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Alice, process


Here is one of the small information pieces I put up on the wall at my recent "Alice" show.

I wanted to help people understand the process behind creating the pieces.

I can't bear to think some people might be under the impression that work that has gone through a digital stage at some point somehow makes less of a compelling image.

One of the big reasons behind the show was give folks a glimpse into my typical working method, how I work professionally and that there's so much more going on in what you might term "illustration" than what I think most people are accustomed to. It's the most vibrant, living art field I can imagine -- from comics to graphic novels to game development, film, animation, books -- you name it. More is happening, more real work being created in these fields than anywhere else I see.

4 comments:

Will Kelly said...

"...the most vibrant, living art field I can imagine..."

Wow, that's a powerful statement, but I like hearing that, since my goal is to become an illustrator myself. And all those fields you listed are ones I'm interested in. So I guess it is possible to become a "jack of all trades" so to speak!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I have wondered before if your works were done in watercolors then enhanced digitally.

Anonymous said...

Hi Corey, I love your work. And thank you very much for sharing your process with us. I still have one question though, since the image is too small to really tell.....Is your color study digital or paint?

TOM said...

The story of Alice is one of my favorite stories. I like it so much. This illustration is so good,. Now it's time to avail water bottle for more information.