Saturday, August 30, 2008

Monsters and Metroid.

That's my Saturday, mostly. Except for all the cleaning we've had to get done today -- Erin's folks are coming into town.

I've come very close to having my first two (of three) dragon paintings done. Here they are, both about 95% done. I'll do a little more detail work on the one on the left and the one on the right, the little figure needs some tightening up but I feel that's about it. Once I lit the "water beast" from the top (instead of the side) it seemed to pull together.


All in all I'm very pleased with them both. They were about a week and half's worth of evening each.

In other news, since I'm close to having these done, I took a break and have been playing Metroid on my Nintendo DS.


Erin got it for me for my birthday couple days back. I'm a little late to the party (it was released something like 2 years ago) never-the-less it is a great game. I tried playing the Metroid Prime on the Gamecube and while it was pretty fun, there was mostly just no time to sit and play. A big, sprawling FPS is just no longer compatible with me any more. I burned out on GoldenEye on my N64 long ago. Prime Hunters on the DS is fun though, the DS being the portable little devil it is.

I was going to post a low-quality detail of my third dragon piece, the one I hope to be the best of three, but my Photobooth on the iMac here kept crashing. I'll see what I can make of it.

2 comments:

mim said...

I like right one more, and with maybe alil bit more contrast,
hope to see third one too soon!

;)

mim said...

ah! I see that! silly me! :))
lol