Monday, January 19, 2009

ease the longing

I've had the privilege to work on a small project for a friend the last few nights.

She's going to be releasing her first album and I'm doing the cover art for it. I'm excited to be involved in a project like this -- she's a lovely songwriter and musician with a stunningly beautiful voice.

She's agreed to me posting the progression of the cover here.

The name of the album is "Ease the Longing" -- the title song has a line : "You have miles of golden field to walk through, there are oceans opened up beneath your feet..."

I liked that line and wanted to work up something with that in mind. I had pretty much free reign of cover so I developed a few thumbnails that were all along the same lines. Mostly they involved a little girl above a field with birds.

This one seemed to capture best what I was after :

Of course the typography is temporary and doodled on.

In any case I'll be posting progress of this little project in the next few days.

Enjoy.

No comments: