Monday, January 26, 2009

Grimm and Other Folk Tales


"Two branches turned into arms about her as the tree turned into a prince..."

I'm pleased to announce that I am moving forward on my first solo exhibition, "Grimm and Other Folk Tales" showing this April.

As the date draws closer I'll post more particulars. Of course you can expect thumbnails, drawings, and studies like the one above all along the way.

I'm terrifically excited for it and I feel like there's may great things finally coming together for this show.

* * *

On a slightly negative note, I'm scheduled for surgery this Friday on my right (yes, drawing arm) shoulder. I've dislocated it something like 7 or 8 times and I've done a real good job screwing it up to the point of it being in danger of dropping out without too much provocation. My shoulder dislocates "inferiorialy" meaning the joint drops down against the top of my ribs. As I'm told this type of dislocation makes up a whopping 1% of all shoulder dislocations.

I ought to be knocked out a week and half with it but I should be able to limp over to my computer and post a few updates on the show. I have all my pieces planned and color-comped like what you see above, 14 in all.

3 comments:

RobArt said...

Hope ya recover quickly!

Loren Eaton said...

And it looks like you're drawing the grim Grimm, too. Nice.

A quick recovery to you, good sir.

DweezelJazz said...

am rooting for you, wishing you quick recovery.

cheers