Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Thistledown puppet : stage 5

Philip Hatter of Thistledown Puppets returns to knock our collective socks off again with another update in the creation of the puppet I designed.

We're nearing completion on the final dragon.


I was especially impressed with the way Philip caught the sort of uneven, irregular belly scales.



This one gets me, I love the little hand; Philip nailed it.


In Philip's own words,
"This last image is my favorite. I took it as I was beginning to sew the neck onto the body. It definitely felt like a St. George and the Dragon moment."

It's like a reverse St. George -- if George had been a doctor.

I once again run the risk of hyperbolizing my thoughts about it, but still this is really something incredible.

I'm just thrilled to see this little project come together like it has. It's been a joy to watch every few days and see the progress.

Can't wait to see him move.

* * *

To read more about this joint effort with me and Philip over at Thistledown Puppets, click here for a compilation of my posts explaining the project and to see the original painting which inspired the puppet.

1 comment:

Gwendolyn said...

I love that swirly knee....