Monday, May 24, 2010

Alice, underdrawing 7/14

Note : I am posting the progression of these Alice pieces, start to finish. This stage is the underdrawing.

I could probably say this with most of these but I'm really looking forward to getting to this one.




The Cheshire Cat
Previously, 7/14 rough + color study

In real time news, I've just completed the sixth final drawing (The Caterpillar) so I'm very nearly up to date with underdrawing posts. What's that? You want proof? Ok, here is a detail of Alice from The Caterpillar :


Next post, Wednesday : "Your hair wants cutting."

1 comment:

Craig said...

Love the cat. It has a different feel than most interpretations you see of CC, but it fits the character really nicely. I always think that's one of the hardest things about reinventing a well known piece.