Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Alice -- now available!

If you've been following my blog for the last few months you will have seen me posting about the creation of my "Alice" show -- a 14 piece gallery show to open (and travel to three locations) later this fall. September 17, October 1, and November 1.

The first stage of the project is complete and I'm proud to say the result is this book :

14 complete drawings + 12 spot illustrations. That makes 2 pieces for each chapter + prologue and epilogue illustrations. 8.5 x 11.

Alice : drawings, sketches, and excerpts


It's a 30 page, perfect bound, softcover book. There are 14 total finished drawings plus 12 sketches, or spot illustrations. Each illustration is accompanied with the corresponding text from the original story.

For example,

On the left you see the finished drawing of the Cheshire Cat piece, on the right there is the appropriate text from the book, and below you find a corresponding sketch.
I'm thrilled to death with how the book has turned out. The printing is perfect and while the interior work is drawings I chose to print in color because it captures every nuance of the drawing and paper perfectly.

Here are a few more sample pages :


* * *

I'm very proud to say the book is now available through the illustrious Gallery Nucleus,
As well as through my personal shop.


Either way you might like to go, the book is the same amount and signed. Be sure and check out the Nucleus listing as there is a tsunami of incredible art, prints, and books to be found there.

Thank you for taking a look! I hope very much that you will enjoy this book of drawings, sketches, and excerpts from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

5 comments:

Sadami said...

Dear Cory,
Lovely!! Congratulations!!!
Best wishes,
Sadami

Oksancia said...

Wonderful book and beautiful illustrations! Really love your style! :) Congrats!

Stephen Macquignon said...

Very nice looks great

Charlie Chang said...

I'm going to have to get this! I know my daughter would love it!

nicodemusatnite.blogspot.com

Rio said...

This is so lovely <3 Congrats. Must be such an amazing project to work on.