Friday, April 22, 2011

Éowyn pt. 1


I've been a little slump the last few days, finishing up several rush jobs and all around feeling bogged down. I wanted something to break that before I dive into my annual sketchbook for 2011 (previously, 2008, 2009, 2010) so I stumble across this ArtOrder challenge. I've never done one for ArtOrder before but I love the site (I got a nice mention a month or so back) and this time the challenge was to recreate the scene in The Return of the King where Éowyn fights the Nazgul. There's nothing like Tolkien to recharge batteries so I've gone for it. You can be the judge as to whether or not it's been successful. Either way I got what I needed out of it (and got to draw a monster.)

I'll be posting the progression of the piece. Beginning with the thumbnail here.

For good or ill, I settled on this composition quickly. I looked at this challenge as a fun exercise and didn't want to agonize over it. I wanted it to jump start my drawing again and at least in that respect I've found the endeavor successful.

Next post, the drawing.

1 comment:

man said...

Actually This is a very Interesting Site ....I am really expect your concept because It is Imaging And Entertainment..Obeisance I Like this.Thank for your nice pose..
Dripping Springs Remodeling Companies