Wednesday, February 22, 2012

MENAGERIE: sketchbook 2012

If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you might have noticed I've been posting a few peeks at my new 2012 sketchbook, MENAGERIE.

I would describe my last sketchbook, The Hidden People as "natural world creature fantasy." This new book is a whole menagerie of animals and dragons in operatic situations. I think you'll enjoy it.

Here's a look at some of those new drawings:


This is not King Richard, sorry.

Tigers are surely the most beautiful animal.

These are all studies in preparation for one of the main drawings for the book. Here's a peek at another one of the roughs. Without a doubt, this is my favorite little drawing I've ever done, heretofore.

* * *

My goal of creating a yearly sketchbook remains on track.

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.


Melissa said...

Absolutely cannot wait for your new sketchbook!

A technical question for your books - do you use a print on demand service to actually get the finished project? Or do you go to a local print shop?

I'm thinking of doing my own themed sketchbook this year as well; and had no idea where to start!

Cory Godbey said...

Hi Melissa!

Yes, I've used for the last couple sketchbooks. Very happy with the service! Well recommended.

Kenan G Swaim said...

The best news I've heard all week! Can't wait to get my copy. Will you be doing sketches in them like in The Hidden People?