Tuesday, August 26, 2008

water-beast


I don't usually like to show the raw watercolor (the term I came up with to describe the watercolor with the drawing placed back on top) but I'm excited for the direction of this one.

I don't know if the idea of the water-beast coming out from behind the waterfall, kind of splitting the stream reads well just yet, but that's the idea.

Also the little figure doesn't feel as solid as he ought. He'll take a little more work.

Mostly I'm just really looking forward to this one. The feel has, initially, hit what I was looking for.

4 comments:

damon said...

wow that is really nice

i like it

Loren Eaton said...

Cory, I absolutely love the raw watercolor. It's simultaneously epic and ethereal -- a difficult combination to get right, which you did.

Anonymous said...

Amazing, as usual. Very ominous and forboding. I hear your blog is not the only one celebrating a milestone this week. Happy (early) Birthday!

Cory Godbey said...

Thanks everyone!