Monday, August 30, 2010

Alice, peek at final work

I am closing in on these final Alice pieces, I've got half completely done. That's crazy you may say, your first show opens in less than a month. Don't I know it, I might respond to you.

All the same, here's a peek at one of the finals. If you came by our booth at SDCC you'll have seen a couple of the finished pieces but I haven't shown any on my blog yet.

Here is a glimpse of the finished Cheshire Cat, otherwise known as the Cheshire James.


Previously, 7/14 underdrawing
Previously, 7/14 final drawing

I'll be posting infrequent Alice updates leading to the first opening (September 17) I hope at least to keep everyone interested in all this until the show actually opens -- I know it's been a long time coming, I've been posting the creation of all this Alice stuff for months now. I know I enjoy seeing development work but at some point you just want to see something complete. It won't be long now.

3 comments:

Jez Tuya said...

Dang, man! That's awesome!

Larry MacDougall said...

Really nice Cory.

teresa said...

Nice work. Maybe, you wrote prime dissertations on this topic and analyzed this character more broadly? It would be interesting to read it.